Sunday 17 January 2016

Snapchat and Instagram Q&A




1. Name one make-up brush and one make-up product which you love and would recommend and why?
- My favourite make-up brush at the moment is the Real Techniques Sculpting brush which I recommend because it is amazing at defining your cheekbones and jawline as it creates a realistic shadow. I love the Make-Up Revolution Baked Highlighter in White because it is such a bright and pigmented highlighter and it is very affordable.

2. What is the first proper canvas that you painted?
- A simple Arabic canvas saying 'Yasmin' for my friend's 15th birthday, with the help of my sister.


3. When did your passion for make-up grow?
- I think my passion for make-up and beauty started to grow while I was starting Year10 because I was watching lots of YouTubers and tutorials.

4. Would you like to start YouTube, if yes, then when?
- Yes, I do have the intention and hope to start YouTube (In Shaa Allah) in roughly two years. Or when the time feels right, also when I feel confident and comfortable enough.

5. What inspired you to start blogging?
- I think that I got the inspiration from other bloggers and YouTubers like Habiba Da Silva and once I saw them sharing their ideas about things, I became interested. Encouragement from friends and family also inspired me to start blogging because I was known by having a passion for beauty and art.

6. Any advice for people who feel insecure?
- It can be really hard to take advice about sensitive topics like this but I promise you that if you keep this in mind and you try your best, then you will slowly start to feel comfortable within yourself. Simply - don't take in what other people say about you or think of you. Their opinions are irrelevant when they are being negative because there is no truth within it. Learning to love yourself and be comfortable with who you are is the hardest thing ever, but once it is done, it's the best thing in the world.

7. What do you do after school?
- After school, I would usually get any homework/revision/coursework done first then I would spend time with my family to watch TV. Then I would do something to relax myself and make me feel good, so either my blog or talking to friends.

8. Which brand of perfume is the best which can be used for weddings and casually? (not too strong)
- I think Hugo Boss is a very good brand for a perfume to use casually and for weddings because it isn't too strong but the fragrance is strong enough to leave you well scented. Hugo Boss do sweet and fruity smells which is quite casual and I recommend the Hugo Boss Femme perfume.

9. What is your favourite drawing that you have done and why?
- My favourite drawing that I have done is my half skeleton and half human drawing because it is quite personal to me. I like to express my thoughts, feelings and experiences through my drawings so it it means something to me and people can see what I mean through my drawings.

10. Where do you hope to be in 10 years time?
- Hopefully, I will be successful in my YouTube and blogging career but I also want to become an art therapist to help young people.

11. What are your life goals?
- My goal in life is to be content with myself and the life I'm living as well as having a family of my own that I can look after and care for. I want to be able to make other people happy and be inspiring to those who need help.

12. What is your go to outfit?
- I love black and white so most of my go to outfits are those colours. I'd either say jeans and a jumper if I'm being casual.

13. What is one major thing that Islam has taught you?
- Honestly, that Allah(swt) is so so amazing and I've realised how much we take for granted but in reality, He has done so much for us whether we notice it or not. No matter what situation you're in, if you feel alone, just know that he is watching and listening to you, especially when you need Him most. The power of prayer is just so magical, it may sound cliché but honestly, it's the truth, if you have that faith in Him. Allah(swt) will never give you hardship that He thinks you can't overcome because it's just a test and if you follow the right path then He will guide you through it. He will never want to hurt us purposely.
(I know I said more than I was asked for but I got a bit carried away lol)

14. What is your favourite make-up look(name products)?
- I don't really have a favourite make-up look but I do love my everyday make-up routine. This look is an everyday look for school holidays because I don't really wear make-up to school day to day.
Products:
No.7 tinted moisturiser in Medium
LA Girl concealer in Pure Beige
Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit
Collection Work the Colour Eyebrow Kit
Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
MAC lip liner in Whirl

15. Do you prefer winter wear or summer wear?
 - I prefer winter wear because I can wear lots of layers which are easy to take off and the winter season brings out great new trends.

16. How long did it take you to learn how to do winged eyeliner?
 - By watching YouTube tutorials and self experimenting, I think it took me months to actually perfect winged eyeliner. It is really difficult to get used to it but once you find a product you are are comfortable with, it should be okay.

17. Would you be able to do a tutorial on blending eye shadow as well as on winged eyeliner?
 - Yes, I will be able to do a tutorial on both of these and I will upload the videos onto the blog once I have been able to film them. I may not be able to film this until a few weeks but I will keep you guys updated.

18. What has made you happy as you have come out of a hard time?
I honestly feel as though I haven't come out of that dark place yet but I definitely know that I feel much more positive and happier than last year. I think the main reason for that is because I have started to focus on what really matters and I have paid more attention to the support I am getting. I have goals and ambitions that I'd like to reach and I cant do those if I don;'t carry on and work for it. It will be work it in the end.

19. What is your favourite lip combination?
 - At the moment, my favourite lip combo is Nice 'n' Spicy lip liner by Mac and a brown concealer from my concealer palette.

20. What inspired you to draw the types of drawings you do?
 - I used to find it hard to express myself by talking and I found that drawing my emotions was the best way to let it out so that other people could understand how I felt. I also feel as though the drawings I do feel real and personal to me.




Sanyha xo

8 comments:

  1. Very proud of you for posting this first blog page!! You did well! 😃
    Excited for the ones to come!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE
    well done and keep it up b ❤😘✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good blog post Sanyha! Can't wait for the future videos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so good! I'm looking forward for the video on winged eyeliner! <3

    ReplyDelete